Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Another Chance

Ok, lazy crazy crafters!  I worried that last month's challenge wasn't inspiring as I had hoped, but Tonya came through in the end!  If you didn't see her amazing array of inspired cards, check them out! (click here for the details)

Here it is:

This month's challenge is to be inspired by either a story or a song.

Do you have a favorite children's story that would make a great card or scrapbook page?  What about your favorite song?  There have been a lot of fun new "wild thing" and little monster stamps out recently, just full of potential!  I personally think the world needs more Yellow Submarine cards!  Or is there a song about colors that might be fun to work with?

Don't forget- we're not just about paper crafts here!  You can knit, crochet, weave, quilt, paint, sketch, whittle or do a found art piece- any medium is accepted!  (Plus we're not too strict about how it fits the theme.)  We just want folks being creative and sharing the process with the group!

Check out Deb's blog to see what inspired her this time 'round!



So here is what to do:

Once you have made your project for this challenge, post it on your blog or gallery and give us the link below!  Make sure to reference what story or song you were inspired by!  You may enter as often as you like, and we will be selecting a winner at the end of the month!

As a bonus, if you happen to do a scrapbook page based on a song, you can also enter it here at Scrapbook.com for another challenge, due by October 12!

If you need help:

If you get stuck and need some help brainstorming ideas, let us know!  We'll be scheduling a few crafting days at the Crop Stop this month so we can all work on projects together- stay tuned on our Facebook page for details!

Please let us know if you don't have a blog or gallery set up yet- we would be happy to help you set up!  Just leave a comment below or send a message Rose or Deb.

The Prizes:

Here is this month's cool prize-





Stampin' Up! Retired set, Island Blossoms
Brand new, unmounted with wood blocks all in a plastic storage case.

So make sure you get your projects submitted for your chance to win!

7 comments:

  1. Linky will be added soon, sorry about the delay! In the mean time, please feel free to link through the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so looking forward to this challenge. My inspiration for all the cards I'm making this weekend is "Monster Mash" :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! (I've had that stuck in my head since I signed up for the hallowe'en recipe swap!) "He did the mash... it was a graveyard smash..." hehe Can't wait to see the finished products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry I missed the last challenge. :-( didn't even see the post! But I think I'll make up for it this month. I have some Water art I did with my kiddos, inspired by several books, as well as a crochet project. I'll have to add that link later, still need a pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! It is great to have you back in the challenges, Cole! Thanks for sharing such a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining, Linda! What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete